How to Put in Hair Extensions (Hand-tied, Fusion, Keratin, Tape-in and clip-in)Hairlaya
Want hair that's beautiful, versatile, and instantly transforms your look? Want to add a bit extra glamour? There are always moments that a dream of medium and soft hair suddenly appears in your mind, especially for significant events.
This guide gives you the run-down on hair extensions and explains everything you need to know if you're looking to get hair extensions or already have them. It would be best to have some tips and tricks to maintain them or keep them lasting a long time. Your little heart needs to know these important tips about getting extensions when looking into them. These are all things that work for Hairlaya's stylists and clients regularly. Read on to save time when doing your research.Reasons to Wear Hair Extensions:
- Extensions add volume and length to hair.
- Extensions allow you to create more complicated hairstyles and updos, making them a must for special occasions.
- Not just for adding length extensions, it will enable you to add a highlighted look in natural or vibrant colors. If you're afraid actually to dye your hair, you can purchase extensions or buy the color you are looking for so you can add some funky vivid colors without damaging your actual hair with harsh dyes and bleach.
Hair extensions mainly come in different materials: human hair and synthetic hair. The latter has a much shorter lifespan than human hair extensions at around 6 - 12 months or longer if the quality is superb. So, here we only talk about different types of human hair extensions.How to Put In Different Types of Hair Extensions
There are several ways to attach hair extensions to your natural hair. Some options are strictly temporary, and some are permanent.
Hand-tied wefts are a weft of 100% real human hair that is hand-tied into your natural hair by a row of beads.
Hand-tied works out fantastic for fine-haired clients, either for medium to thick hair or fine hair. Hand-tied hair extensions are the most preferred permanent type of hair extension because they're the most comfortable for your clients and the least damaging most of the time. The client does not even feel the kind of extension. They don't even know it feels supernatural.
Fusion or Keratin Hair Extensions
The strand by strand method utilizes approximately 20 – 40 strands of hair, attached at one end using a glue bond or keratin. Strand by strand extensions are attached to small pieces/sections of the wearer's hair using a heat gun) or cold fusion (copper cylinders and plyers). Strand by strand systems is often referred to as a keratin bond, U or nail tip, flat tip, or micro links.
Bonded strand by strand is attached to the hair using a heating element. Your hair is placed between the U-tip and sealed with a hot extension tool that melts the Keratin glue rolled into the hair.
Tape-ins Hair Extensions
A tape made specifically for hair (Hairlaya's Tape-in applies medical-grade adhesive) is first pre-taped to wefts of hair extensions, then taped to the root of the hair.
Clip-in Hair Extensions
Clip-in hair extensions are wefts of either human or synthetic hair on a silicone or fabric base. They are attached to the hair via small, comb-like clips.
So there, you have a brief overview of all four professional hair extension methods. Please get familiar with every one of them find out what works best for you or your clientele.
Why We Recommend Hand-tied Hair Extensions
Noticed much breakage from clip-in extensions? Try hand-tied for more versatility and minor damage! Hand-tied hair extensions have numerous benefits over options available:
- Hand-tied hair extensions are the semi-permanent hair extension option, allowing more versatility.
- Hand-tied hair extensions are the top quality hair extensions on the market.
- They are easy to apply by Hairlaya certified stylist. It can finish the entire process in several hours.
- They can last longer than other options with a year or longer lifespan if adequately cared for.
- Hand-tied hair extensions are lightweight and just like your natural hair.
- Hand-tied hair extensions do not use heat, chemicals, or pressure, so, with proper use, they will not cause damage to your hair.
HAIR EXTENSION IS an investment, and it is crucial to put your beautiful locks in the hands of someone knowledgeable and experienced! Don't take the cheap way out here - it is not worth the risk, in my personal opinion!
Consult And Book Appointments With A Highly Rated Salon
We list all the salons that got certified with Hairlaya on our SalonLocator page. You fill in the zip code and find a trusted salon or stylist to do your hand-tied installation. It would guarantee you will get nicely and non-damage installed.
Now get your hand-tied extensions and get everyone obsessed with your new gorgeous hair!
with the latest news, offers and updates.